Friday, January 06, 2012
First picture of 2011
Every year I make little goals for myself. Some of them I complete, some of them I don't, but creating them is half the fun.
There are a few things I would like to accomplish in 2012:
* Be more present - i.e. less iPhone, less iPad, less technology. I'm going to try not to freak out when my phone is more than arm's length away.
* Read more books - I am going to get back into the rhythm of reading a book a week. I miss reading for leisure.
* Improve my posture - I want to avoid looking like the Hunchback at all costs.
* Get more sleep - I'm not a fan of dark circles under my eyes, the lack of energy, and subpar functionality. Definitely going to get more sleep this year.
* Take more pictures - more memories of the little things in life to look back on.
* Create new blog layout - mission accomplished. I really wanted a new look for my blog. I'm proud that I've already accomplished one of my goals. It makes me optimistic.
* Make-up Ban - use what I already have and avoid buying any unnecessary products (unless it's another limited edition cheek palette).
* Be more patient/be less impatient - take a breath and just live life.
* Do as many good deeds as possible - hold a door open for someone, treat someone to coffee, give someone a compliment, restore someone's faith in humanity.
* Grow my hair - fingers crossed that I actually keep this one. My dream is to have the patience to actually grow my hair long.
* Make To-Do lists - as long as it's on the list, I can accomplish anything.
What are some of your resolutions?
Thursday, January 05, 2012
butter LONDON Nail Foundation, butter LONDON Rosie Lee,
Essie Angora Cardi, and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
I have decided to make it my mission this year to wear each and every nail polish I own (at least once). I'm trying to streamline my collection (keep ones I love wearing, toss ones that I don't).
Anyway, Rosie Lee is a gorgeous pink copper glitter. I paired it with Essie Angora Cardi but it can definitely be worn alone.
The glitter is so pretty and it applies great. The polish is packed with glitter and it distributes evenly on the nail.
I have one coat of Angora Cardi under a coat of Rosie Lee and two coats of Angora Cardi as an accent nail.
Lasting Power: ♥♥♥♥♥
The first week of the year is almost over, craziness.
I hope you're all having a great day!
Tuesday, January 03, 2012
butter LONDON Tea with the Queen, Sally Hansen Strobe Light,
butter LONDON Nail Foundation, & Seche Vite Dry Fast Topcoat
My frist NOTW of the year.
I got Tea with the Queen a few weeks ago and I love the colour! Now I see why though. It is very similar to Essie Mamba. Almost exactly the same, except Mamba has a bit of shimmer to it. They're both a on the pinkish side of tan. Very neutral on the nail, but still gorgeous.
I am still loving the look of accent nails in 2012. It is a lot of fun to play with different combinations.
One thing I didn't like about this polish is that it chipped really easily. I painted my nails last night and it already chipped a little.
Lasting Power: ♥♥♥♥♥
Hope you're having a great day!
Monday, January 02, 2012
My favourite lacquers of 2011. As requested, I'm doing a little top 11 series. This one was a little hard for me because you know I love my nail polishes. The ones that made the cut are as follows (I tried to pick colours that were new to me this past year):
* Nicole by OPI Rainbow in the S-Kylie (Colorful, chunky glitter... what's not to love?)
* Essie In Stitches (Warm blush/rosy pink)
* Orly Rage (Gorgeous shimmery rose gold)
* butterLONDON Primrose Hill Picnic (A hot pink)
* Revlon Starry Pink (Might be limited edition. It's a pretty lilac purple with fun glitter.)
* Essie Mamba (A flattering mannequin hand color)
* RGB Deep (Very dark purple. Reminds of me OPI Lincoln Park)
* Essie Lollipop (Classic red)
* Essie Lady Like (Dusty pink)
* Essie Brazilliant (Shimmery orange)
* butterLONDON Rosie Lee (Rose gold-ish glitter)
What were your favourite polishes in 2011?
Sunday, January 01, 2012
My first post of the new year. This is actually the first picture of 2012 to be taken with my camera. Granted I didn't actually take it myself. A very kind stranger offered to take the picture for us. It's kind of a tradition of ours (my mum and I) to go out for breakfast on New Year's day.
I hope you all had a fabulous New Year's Eve and an excellent start to 2012!