So I have been waiting for my Luxe Box from Loose Button to come since I first ordered it at the beginning of the month. For those of you who don't know what Luxe Boxes are, it is something you sign up for (around $10 for one month and free shipping) and you receive a box filled with three to five high-end deluxe samples of beauty products.
The reason I wanted to try this out was mainly from all the hype with Birchbox. Unfortunately, you can't get Birchbox in Canada. It's so annoying that Canada misses out on tons of stuff -- from Birchbox to free shipping, etc). So I went on a hunt for something similar for Canadians and came across the company Loose Button.
I was really excited to try it out and for $10, you can't really go wrong.
I am a sucker for nice packaging and Loose Button didn't disappoint. My luxe box came in a little brown box with their name on it and a cute ribbon.
When I opened it up, there was a personalized card with my name on it and also it had all the product details of the items inside the box.
My luxe box came with four samples from Stila, Estee Lauder and Elizabeth Grant. Overall, I was very pleased with the samples. They were all a fair size, considerably more than you would get from any beauty counter I would say. Plus, it also came with a chocolate Hershey kiss. It reminded me of those little mints/chocolates you get on your pillow at hotels.
The PROS of Luxe Box:
- It gives you a chance to try out products before you buy them
- You're able to try products you normally wouldn't purchase
- You get an assortment of handpicked products delivered right to your door
- You can pick and choose which months you want to participate in it since you pay one month at a time (or 3 months at a time, if you choose that option)
The CONS of Luxe Box:
- You can't pick and choose the types of samples you get, so some months you might love everything you get, others you might not
- If you already have a lot of makeup, you might get samples of products you already own or have already tried
Bottom line: I think this is a great way to try new and different products. It's especially great if you're a beauty & make-up lover.
P.S., you can watch the video of my March Luxe Box below :).