Makeup in LoveMonday, February 11, 2013
Is it possible to overdo reds / pinks on Valentine's Day? I don't think so, which is why I thought I would share my perpetual love for the colour of love through makeup.
Lipstick is an accessory in itself. It can dress up or dress down any makeup look. Not only is the colour important, but the formula is key, too.
- Lancome L'Absolu Nu #302 is a sheer rose pink with a slight glossy finish, it's comfortable on the lips but doesn't have the lasting power for an all-nighter without touch ups.
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Romance a bright (bluish) pink, it's sheer but buildable with a glossy finish [review].
- YSL Glossy Stain #15 Rose Vinyl a bright fuchsia pink, it has a glossy finish to start and dries down into a gorgeous stain. Great staying power [review].
- Covergirl Hot is a true red, very pigmented and leaves a beautiful stain. No touch up required. This shade isn't really smooch-ready, but it's perfect for a Singles Awareness night out ;).
- Revlon Temptress is a medium cool-toned pink with a slight sheen. This is a sister shade to my other Revlon love, Pink in the Afternoon.
See them in action below.
I love blush (it's my foremost beauty weakness) and you can never go wrong with a pink flush.
- NARS Deep Throat is a beautiful peachy pink with subtle shimmer (probably one of my top faves) [review].
- Bourjois Rose D'Or is a peachy pink with specks of gold shimmer. I find it's a less shimmery version of NARS Orgasm.
- Dior Pink in Love a mix of a medium pink and a raspberry pink.
- Revlon Flushed a creamy (literally) bright pink.
- Laura Mercier Lotus Pink is a smooth coral pink.
See them in action below. While most look fairly similar in these photographs (despite the heavy application), they do have subtle variations. The differences are just not easily discernable.
And in case you're wondering what's on my lips... it's actually the stain left by Covergirl "Hot," I told you it was pigmented. Though the residual colour actually leaves my lips looking more pink than red.
A solid mani is a great alternative if you want to forgo Valentine's themed nail art.
- Julep Lauren is a bright, almost neon, pink [review].
- Essie Fiji is a creamy pale pink, a little cumbersome to apply sometimes, but well worth the effort [review].
- Butter London Snog is a fuschia, almost red-toned pink [review].
- Essie Lollipop is that classic candy cane red.
- Zoya Shelby is a creamy cherry blossom pink [review].
See them in action in the inadvertent gradient of colour below.
Pink lips, pink cheeks, pink nails, oh my. Some may consider overkill, but I prefer enthusiasm. What's your style, all or one? x