December's Beauty BoxesWednesday, December 19, 2012
I received two beauty boxes in the mail the other day and I thought I would share them with you. It's actually the last time I'll be getting these boxes -- at least for now. I need a break from these subscription services at the moment.
The two I received are the Luxe Box and the Topbox.
Luxe Box is now a seasonal box (and the price is $25 plus tax every 3 months), while Topbox is monthly (and recently upped their price to $12/month).
I was quite pleased with my Winter Luxe Box, so I will start with that one. I love the card that came with the box -- super cute! The drawstring pouch the products were wrapped in was a nice touch, too.
A lot of goodies were spilling out of this month's Luxe Box:
- Essie Nail Polish in She's Pampered. It's from the Winter collection and it's a pinkish red shade.
- A mini Eyeko Skinny brush mascara. I received an Eyeko product in last season's box and am loving it, so I'm excited to try this mascara.
- A Loose Button kabuki. I love kabuki brushes! This one is quite soft and the Loose Button logo on the handle is adorable.
- Schwarzkopf Dust It is an interesting hair product. I haven't tried it yet, but it is supposed to give your hair volume and natural texture with a matte finish. It's a full-size bottle and it's one I actually picked from the "First in Line" option.
- B.Kamins Daily Lotion is really nice on the skin. It's moisturizing and lightweight.
- Dermalogica Precleanse is a cleansing oil. It has a lot of natural ingredients in it and I'm excited to try it.
- A mini fragrance bottle of the Donna Karen Woman. I love receiving mini bottles of fragrances. I've actually started collecting them because I think they're so cute. It has an interesting scent -- kind of fruity / citrus-y.
- A hair serum from Kerastase called Christalliste Lumiere Liquide. I really enjoy using Kerastase products, I imagine this one will be no exception.
On to my December Topbox. Nothing to get excited about, really. I did enjoy the festive packaging, but the products were nothing to write home about -- especially considering the price increase. I was expecting something a little different, a little more.
There were four product in this box:
- Ferro Cosmetics Mineral Foundation. I'm interested to try this. I'm quite a fan of mineral makeup. It's a small jar, but I find that mineral makeup can last a long time.
- A hair product from Goldwell called the Jelly Boost. I don't often use this type of product on my hair, but it is a gel that is supposed to volumize and texturize.
- A Balenciaga fragrance, which I had already received in last last month's box (this time without the bonus of a Balenciaga pouch).
- Two Pangea Facial Cream packets. Made of all natural ingredients and is supposed to slightly matify the skin.
So, yes, at the moment, I have umsubscribed to both the Luxe Box and the Topbox. I will probably re-subscribe in the future, but for now, I think I'll spend the $37 on something else.
What boxes have you received this December? x
Ps, my apologies if my blog has been eating your comments! I just noticed a bunch have gone unpublished in the last few months because they were flagged as spam. I've hopefully rectified the situation! :)