YSL Glossy Stain #7Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Corail Aquatique (#7) is a peachy coral. This is the first one I've bought and I love it!! I originally wanted a different colour, but it's not available in Canada because it's a Nordstrom exclusive.
These Glossy Stains are like nothing I've ever tried before. They are a hybrid between a lipstick, a gloss, and a stain. It's leans a little more like a gloss or a stain than a lipstick though.
Here are my thoughts in a nutshell:
* I like the glossy finish. The glossiness doesn't last all day, but that's where the stain comes in.
* It dries down on the lips a bit darker than the initial application.
* It feels unique on the lips. It's hard to describe the sensation, but it's kind of cooling at first. It's not sticky and it's not drying.
* It's long-wearing (though not as long-wearing as a traditional stain) and it's so comfortable to wear.
* It does transfer -- on glassware, Starbucks cups, tissues, etc -- but still leaves a tint on the lips.
* The applicator is unique -- not your average doe foot. I like it, the pointy edge makes for a precise application.
This is something that I know I will repurchase time and again. It's my favourite colour out of the entire line and I just adore the formula. I will definitely be picking up a a few more colours though.