It's that time of the year. Can you believe it? It will be 2012 in just a few days. This year went by incredibly fast. I'm always shocked when the end of the year comes because I'm left wondering where all that time went.
I'd like to think that I spent the year being as productive as possible. Realistically, I know that there were some things on my to-do list that never got finished (or started).
New years are like new beginnings and I am excited to see what 2012 has in store for me.
Wait... isn't the world supposed to end in 2012? That's going to put a damper on my plans.
If that's the case then I better get started on this blog post.
My top 11 products of 2011. I did a similar post last year, which inspired me to do one again this year (read my top 10 of 2010 here).
It was quite difficult to pick just eleven products but I managed. The following are new products that I only discovered this year (save for two). Setting this filter helped the picking process much easier.
1. Urban Decay Naked Palette - the most versatile palette for me. The shades are gorgeous and neutral, perfect for any daytime and a nighttime look.
2. NARS Danmari Palette - NARS blushes are probably my favourite so naturally I was drawn to this palette like a moth to a flame.
3. PUR Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Powder - I use this lightly all over the face for a more even, matte looking complexion
4. MAC Select Cover Up concealer - Long-wearing and doesn't crease under the eyes.
5. L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes - my favourite mascara this past year. Doesn't clump, lasts all day, and no racoon eyes.
6. Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment - binds & prevents split ends.
7. Tanda Zap - Amazing. I haven't gotten a single blemish on my skin after using this. Seriously, it's amazing.
8. butterLONDON Nail Foundation & Seche Vite Dry Fast Top coat - this is my holy grail nail duo. Nail polish applies flawlessly over the base coat and the dries so fast (and glossy) with the top coat.
9. The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost - makes my skin look radiant and feel so smooth. Also helped even out my complexion (diminished a lot of my blemishes).
10. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream - The perfect overnight lip moisturizer. Lasts all through the night and leaves lips feeling smooth and supple in the morning. I could live without the weird smell but I can look passed it because it works amazingly.
11. Travalos - They are solo in this picture because I forgot about them when I was taking the pictures. Nonetheless, I think these are amazing and a must have. Gone are the days where you had to buy multiple bottles of the same fragrance so you can bring one around with you. Travalo allows you to carry virutally any fragrance in your purse (still waiting for an atomizer for those gorgeous but awkwardly shaped bottles).
A look inside the palettes:
Those were my top 11 products of the year. What were some of yours? I would love to know!
P.S., You can watch my video below. It includes some honourable mentions -- products I love but didn't make the cut.