Products shown (no particular order -- will update with links to posts where applicable):
Chantecaille Just Skin, Dior Addict Gloss in Orange Pareo, Dior Nude Tan bronzer, Dior Pink in Love blush, Lancome blush/highlighter Fall Collection*, Lancome Hypnose Star mascara*, Lancome Le Curler*, Lancome Rouge in Love 322M, MAC Blushbaby, MAC Frankly Scarlet, Mason Pearson hair brush, NARS Deep Throat, Real Techniques Expert Face brush, Real Techniques Stippling brush, Revlon cream blushes, Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Tipsy, YSL Glossy Stain #15
* These three items were kindly given to me from Lancôme. All the other items were purchased with my own money.
Friday, July 06, 2012
I know, I know. It's about time I've done a haul.
So here are a few things I've acquired in the last month or so. I have reviews coming for everything I've shown (if I haven't already posted one).
I need to put myself on a makeup ban or at the very least, stop creating shopping lists in my head while I'm shopping.
Please let me know what you've purchased lately! Link me some blog posts, I love to live vicariously through other people ;).
Tuesday, July 03, 2012
Some of my favourites this past month (also for May -- dropped the ball on that one)...
1. Garnier Fructis Pure Clean shampoo - Cleans your hair from any residue left from the environment and any hair products. It leaves my hair feeling healthy! Just what I need because this summer weather does awful things to my hair.
2. Smashbox O-glow - I don't know the magic behind this shade changing blush, but it looks lovely on the skin. A healthy flushed glow on the skin. It's a gel, not a stain, though.
3. Diorskin Nude Tan in Sunlight - Favourite bronzer of the moment. It adds a subtle luminescence to the skin for a natural summer glow. Love!
4. Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller (in Medium) - My new holy grail concealer! Seriously. I frickin' love this thing. I can't go a day without it. It applies beautifully, good lasting power, and brightens up the under eyes.
5. Julep "Lauren" - Bright pink / neon! It's a lovely summer shade. Looks great with or without a white base.
7. NARS Danmari blush palette - Best travel companion! It has all my favourite blushes in a compact carrying case. What more could a girl ask for?
8. Essie "Tart Deco" - Why didn't I have this in my life sooner? It's the prettiest hybrid of peach and coral.
What have you been loving lately? x
Monday, July 02, 2012
Here's my second MAC blush purchase: Frankly Scarlet.
This is a blush I normally wouldn't be drawn to (mainly because it looks scary bright in the pan), but it's beautiful on (not that the picture really gave it justice)!
It is a matte bright red that leans a little pink. It is incredibly pigmented but it doesn't apply streaky. Warning: Applying too much can add a clown-like effect.
A little goes a long way with this blush and blending is key. It is much better to gradually add more blush that to spend precious morning minutes trying to buff this product out. The lasting power is amazing. After you put this on, you'll have a natural cheek flush all day long.
I typically use a regular blush brush to apply the product and then a big powder brush to buff it in. Brush selection is key with this blush.
Applied properly, Frankly Scarlet will brighten up any complexion! The two face shots depict the effect proper blending and product distribution can give.